Image courtesy of marin at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
You know the drill, pack your gym bag, put it in the car. After work you get in the car, see your gym bag, drive by the gym and decide to just go home. Yes, we have all been there! We have the best of intentions but when it comes to actually taking action, we choose to take the easy way out. This does not make you a bad person or a lazy person, it makes you normal. We all do it. Rather than beating yourself up over it think about why you are making that decision.
Are you really too tired to go to the gym, or is the gym scene just not your thing?
Do you love to work out but knowing that you will spend more time chatting with your gym bestie and not getting much out of your workout the real issue, which leaves you thinking what’s the point?
Or maybe you feel guilty that you are going to the gym when you “should” be home getting dinner ready, or being with the kids?
Whatever the real reason may be there is a solution. Fitness via Skype. Yes, online fitness training.
Maybe you are skeptical of the idea, I can understand! I am a personal trainer and I was skeptical too. However, when I put it to the test, what I found that it was just as effective and personable as training someone in person at their home or in the gym.
What do I love about it and what have my clients said when they tried it.
What I love:
- Convenient…I don’t have to drive anywhere
- I can reach clients that I would not have otherwise been able to reach
- Flexibility in my schedule, because of the different time zones, I can be flexible about my time
- I can see more clients because I am not traveling from gym to gym, home to home.
What my clients love:
- Flexibility for them. I can come to them when it is easy for them
- No need to plan for commute time to and from the gym
- No need to figure out child care
- They thought that it was just as personable and real as if I was with them in person
If you have been on the fence about online fitness training, I highly suggest giving it a try!
Why I think you will love it
- No more remembering to pack a gym bag
- No more feeling guilty for taking time to take care of yourself
- Put dinner in the oven get your workout done and be there to get the dinner out of the oven before the alarm goes off because you are done!
- No need for child care because you are home with your kids when you are doing this or do it while they are taking a nap or while they are at school.
If you have been on the fence, my suggestion is to give it a try. I was amazed at how well it works and feel that it is a huge advantage for clients who are busy and need flexibility.
Looking for an online fitness trainer/yoga teacher that works exclusively with women (especially mom’s and business owners, both?) come on over to my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/livelifehealthfully and message me to find out more!!